Immanuel Lutheran Church & School
Simpsonville, South Carolina
Job description: Choral Director
Goal of the position:
Support a church music program that includes at least one offering of special music (vocal choir, handbells, instrumentalists, soloists, etc.) each Sunday from September-May.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Direct a vocal choir in weekly rehearsals in preparation for participation in Sunday Services from September through May.
2. Prepare the choir for participation in special Services throughout the Church Year, including: Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday and Good Friday (as determined by consultation with Pastor, Organist and Handbell Director).
3. Recruit members to the choir, providing an atmosphere of community and musical learning.
4. Cooperate with the Pastor, Organist and Handbell Director to accomplish planning tasks and provide leadership to the music program.
5. Perform these duties under the direct responsibility of the Board of Elders and in keeping with the congregationâ€™s annual budget.
Skills and Qualifications:
1. Experience in choral conducting, knowledge of appropriate church music and ability to relate to others with good interpersonal skills required.
2. Music degree and knowledge of the role of music in Lutheran worship preferred, but students and new graduates are invited to apply.
1. Salary is negotiable and will be based on an expected number of hours per week (September-May) in preparation, rehearsal and performance.
2. Compensation is paid on the 15th and last day of each month.
3. Church musician continuing education will be reimbursed up to $250 annually.
Please copy and paste your cover letter and resume below to submit an inquiry about this position. You may be asked to email an electronic copy of your cover letter and resume once your inquiry is received. You may also contact the church office at 864-297-5815.
[contact-form to=’email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org’ subject=’Choral Director Job Inquiry’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Cover Letter’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Resume’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]